You and Me

I walk into the house. You are still asleep.
I tread cautiously. You murmur.
I dim the light. You are undisturbed.
I eat some food. You open your eyes.
I look at you. You seem lost.
I walk towards you. You are unaware.
I reach out to you. You flinch.
I hesitate. You turn away.
I try small talk. You are preoccupied.
I hold your hand. You pull away.
I retreat. You do not care.
I am lost in my thoughts. You eat.
I try a conversation. You make no sense.
I get up to leave. You tug my sleeve.
I look at you. You reach out to me.
I take you in my arms. You widen your eyes.
I pull you close. You coo.
I hold tight. You rest your head on my shoulders.
I pat your back. You dribble on my shirt.
I am powerless. You conquer me.
I have to go. You are stopping me.
I do not have a choice. You do not seem to mind.
I will be back. You need to be here.

1 comment:

Pooja said...

niiiiiice.....