Friday Features..

3 Pm coffee time and I was at the cafeteria initiating the process of ingesting caffiene in my blood stream, so as to successfully while away more time at work. Ray, the genial teller looks at me and my coffee and asks me "How Indian are you?". I dint know whether it had anything to do with the size of the coffee cup, but I managed to respond "Very". He then asks me "What do call a Nanny in India?". "Ayah" was my response. He smiles at me and says "it fits" and before I could jump to any conclusion , he fills the blanks of the crossword. I got my coffee on the house.

8 comments:

Mundanely (a)mused said...

haha, nice one- crisp story telling.

Oh and hello :)

Unknown said...

:)

thou was missed thoroughly..:)

Oh and thanks!!

Mundanely (a)mused said...

awww :) Well things have been hectic after i got back (to India) There is always a story, isn't there? - whether one wants to hear it or not. haah! :) Hope all good in your part of the globe. Yes, I feel like I'm writing you an e-mail. :|

Unknown said...

Things are slowly revolving in this part of the globe..:)
trust its the same with u or even better!!

hows Desh? I hope to come down in the last week of jan for a round of festivites..:)and I am so looking forward to it.

D

p.s: apologies for a delayed response..I was away from civilization for a couple of weeks under the pretense of work.


Stories are always welcome and mostly fun!!

Mundanely (a)mused said...

desh has been awesome fun- catching up with old friends, family, the works :)You're coming end of Jan? nice- I wonder if you're talking about the same 'festivity'! :)

Unknown said...

Well..thats definitely on the list of " gotta be there"'s, along with some cross country travel as well.
Not to forget, spending some quality time at home. Its been a long two years..:)

oh and I loved ur Fishy Poem..:) Keep 'em coming.

Mundanely (a)mused said...

of course, you can't be in the country and miss 'the' festivity for anything, could you? :)

It's been two years? tsk tsk! No wonder you sound so excited :)

Oh and thank you :) Finding that poem truly made me hate my job and all that jazz, if you know what i mean :| heh!

Unknown said...

yep, 2 years..[:)]. Hope to make the most of the trip for sure..

hows work et al?